Victoria Legal Aid
Call 1300 792 387, weekdays from 8.45 am to 5.15 pm for free information about the law and how we can help you.
We have lawyers who can talk to you about how the law applies to your legal problem.
If you can't afford a lawyer to run your case, you can apply for a grant of legal assistance to help you pay for a lawyer.
We have 14 offices in metropolitan and regional Victoria. We also provide services at many courts, tribunals and other locations throughout Victoria.
Find out more
Find out more about your legal problem and the steps you can take.
- Get help with Centrelink
- Disagree with a Centrelink decision
- Going to court for a criminal charge
- Traffic offences
- Criminal offences
- Separation, divorce and marriage annulment
- Sex and the law
- Police powers and your rights
- Family violence intervention orders
- Parenting arrangements and child contact
- Fines and infringements