Get help with neighbour disputes

Read our legal information about COVID-19 coronavirus.

Get help with neighbour disputes

We don't give legal advice about disputes between neighbours, but we may be able to give you some information over the phone. We may also be able to refer you to another organisation that can help you.

If we can’t help, we can refer you to other organisations that can.

Other organisations that can help

Dispute resolution

The Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria has a free telephone service that will work with you to try to resolve your dispute. The centre will talk about your problem with you, discuss options, suggest negotiation strategies and organise mediation, if required.

Legal services

Your local community legal centre can give you legal information and advice. Most services are free.

Law Institute of Victoria

You can also find a private lawyer near you through the Law Institute of Victoria’s Legal Referral Service. All law firms included in the Legal Referral Service provide a free 30-minute interview. You can use this interview to understand more about the legal issue and discuss the available options and how much they will cost. Note that the free interview is not 30 minutes of free legal advice. 

Was this helpful?