Get help with public transport offences

Read our legal information about COVID-19 coronavirus.

Get help with public transport offences

Call us for free information about traffic offences and how we can help you with your legal problem.

If we can’t help, we can refer you to other organisations that can.

If you have been charged with a public transport offence, we can provide you with information about representing yourself in court.

If you are facing serious charges, such as assault, you may be able to:

Other organisations that can help

Legal services

Your local community legal centre can give you legal information and advice. Most services are free.

Youthlaw provides free and confidential legal information and advice to young people up to the age of 25 including information about protective services officers powers and your rights. Their Street Smart website is a practical guide to knowing your rights on the streets and includes information about protective services officers and ticket inspectors.

You can also find a private lawyer near you through the Law Institute of Victoria’s Legal Referral Service. All law firms included in the Legal Referral Service provide a free 30-minute interview. You can use this interview to understand more about the legal issue and discuss the available options and how much they will cost. Note that the free interview is not 30 minutes of free legal advice.

Help at court

Court Network volunteers support people at court. They are not lawyers and cannot give legal advice, but they can tell you about how court works. If you want to see a Court Network volunteer, tell the court staff. You can also ring them before you go to court.

Was this helpful?