About this resource
This free card is for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are receiving compulsory treatment or feel at risk of compulsory treatment.
It has information about two services that offer information and support:
- (Independent Mental Health Advocacy)
- Victorian Aboriginal Health
Free postcards about compulsory treatment and independent advocates are also available in Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dari, English, Greek, Italian, Macedonian, Persian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese.
For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples there is also a free card with First Nations artwork.
We have posters you can download and print:
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Compulsory treatment poster
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – How to get support poster
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Know your rights poster
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Know your rights poster with First Nations artwork
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Know your rights multilingual poster
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Victorian Aboriginal Health Service poster
You may also like to see our free resources Are you on a treatment order? and Going to a Mental Health Tribunal hearing.
Order free copies of this resourceSome of our publications have limits on how many copies you can order. If you need more copies, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9269 0234 and ask for the Community Legal Education team.
Mental health and disability
Learn what the law says about mental illness and disabilities, and your rights when it comes to police involvement, treatment and discrimination.
Share this page
Reviewed 05 October 2022