About this resource
This free poster can be downloaded and printed. It is available in orange or turquoise. Please display it in places used by people who are receiving compulsory treatment or feel at risk of compulsory treatment.
It asks if you need support to:
- be involved in decisions about your assessment, treatment and recovery and your rights in the mental health system
- have your views and preferences considered
- make treatment decisions.
It says how an independent advocate can:
- listen to what you want and talk to you about your options
- give you information and support to act on your rights
- work with you so you can have your say
- refer you to other services if you need.
We have other posters you can download and print:
Download onlyYou can download a copy of this resource for free.
Mental health and disability
Learn what the law says about mental health issues and disabilities, and your rights when it comes to police involvement, treatment and discrimination.
Share this page
Reviewed 31 August 2023