About this resource
This free poster can be downloaded and printed. Please display it in hospitals and community clinics where people receive mental health treatment.
This poster has information about services that can help if:
- you are in hospital without your consent (compulsory)
- you are in hospital with your consent (voluntary)
- your family member or friend is in hospital.
This poster was developed by (Independent Mental Health Advocacy), an organisation that provides independent, free and confidential services.
We have other posters you can download and print:
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Compulsory treatment poster
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Know your rights poster
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Know your rights poster with First Nations artwork
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Know your rights multilingual poster
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – Victorian Aboriginal Health Service poster
You can order free cards about IMHA in Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dari, English, Greek, Italian, Macedonian, Persian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese. There is a free card with First Nations artwork for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and another with Victorian Aboriginal Health Service information.
You may also like to see our free resources Are you on a treatment order? and Going to a Mental Health Tribunal hearing.
Download onlyYou can download a copy of this resource for free.
Mental health and disability
Learn what the law says about mental illness and disabilities, and your rights when it comes to police involvement, treatment and discrimination.
Share this page
Reviewed 03 October 2022