About this self-help guide
If someone has applied for a personal safety intervention order against you, this self-help guide is for you. It explains and guides you through the process of a mention hearing. A mention hearing is usually the first time you and the other person (called the applicant) attend court.
This self-help guide can help you:
- understand what a mention hearing is
- what you need to do at court
- consider your options and decide what is best for you
- know what to say in court
- understand what will happen if you do not come to an agreement at your mention hearing
- get legal advice and other help if you need it.
Share this page
Reviewed 10 August 2023