Get help with criminal offences

Read our legal information about COVID-19 coronavirus.

Get help with criminal offences

If you are going to court for a criminal offence, and your court date is more than six days away, you can request help before court

You can also contact us for free information about criminal offences and how we can help you.

If we can’t help, we can refer you to other organisations that can.

Our other free legal services include:

For some matters we can provide you with a lawyer to help you run your case.

Other organisations that can help

Legal services

Your local community legal centre can give you legal information and advice. Most services are free.

You can also find a private lawyer near you through the Law Institute of Victoria’s Legal Referral Service. All law firms included in the Legal Referral Service provide a free 30-minute interview. You can use this interview to understand more about the legal issue and discuss the available options and how much they will cost. Note that the free interview is not 30 minutes of free legal advice. 

Help at court

Court Network volunteers support people at court. They are not lawyers and cannot give legal advice, but they can tell you about how court works. You can ring them before you go to court.

Was this helpful?