Victoria Legal Aid

Support if you are deaf or find it hard to hear or speak on the phone

You can get legal help by using the National Relay Service or our Legal Help Chat.

How to get help – Auslan video

How we can help you – Auslan video

We have free two-hour legal advice clinics with an Auslan interpreter every second Thursday.

The clinics will run from 11 am to 1 pm every second Thursday on Level 9, 570 Bourke St, Melbourne.

The first session starts on Thursday 7 December 2023.

Other sessions will be on:

  • Thursday 21 December 2023
  • Thursday 4 January 2024
  • Thursday 18 January 2024
  • Thursday 1 February 2024
  • Thursday 15 February 2024
  • Thursday 29 February 2024.

National Relay Service

If you are deaf or find it hard to hear or speak on the phone, you can contact us through the National Relay Service.

The National Relay Service is free apart from your normal internet connection. You need an account to use it.

To contact us:

  1. Visit the National Relay ServiceExternal Link .
  2. Login to your account.
  3. Ask to contact our Legal Help number: 1300 792 387.
  4. A relay officer will contact us on your behalf. They will use a format that is helpful to you for us to communicate. Options include SMS and video.

Everything is confidential and relay officers must respect your privacy.

Other ways to contact us

More information

Read about other government services for people with disabilityExternal Link .

Disclaimer: The material in this print-out relates to the law as it applies in the state of Victoria. It is intended as a general guide only. Readers should not act on the basis of any material in this print-out without getting legal advice about their own particular situations. Victoria Legal Aid disclaims any liability howsoever caused to any person in respect of any action taken in reliance on the contents of the publication.

We help Victorians with their legal problems and represent those who need it most. Find legal answers, chat with us online, or call us. You can speak to us in English or ask for an interpreter. You can also find more legal information at

Reviewed 21 November 2023

In this section