Get help with Centrelink

Read our legal information about COVID-19 coronavirus.

Get help with Centrelink

Call or chat to us for free information about the law and how we can help you with your Centrelink problem.

If we can’t help, we can refer you to other organisations that can.

Our lawyers visit various locations across Victoria to provide free legal help to eligible people with Centrelink legal problems.

Our lawyers may also be able to help you if you:

  • are unsure about your rights or entitlements
  • disagree with a Centrelink decision
  • are being investigated for fraud or charged with a criminal offence.

For some matters you may be able to get a lawyer to run your case.

We also provide legal assistance for veterans

We may also be able to help war veterans, war widows, and their dependants with some legal matters about pensions and payments.

We may be able to provide assistance for appeals to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal from a decision of the Veterans’ Review Board for:

  • decisions about pensions for war-caused injury, disease or death
  • some decisions about incapacity payments and compensation payments for permanent impairment relating to warlike or non-warlike service.

War veterans do not need to satisfy a means test to get a grant of legal assistance.

Other organisations that can help


Social Secu​rity Rights Victoria

Social Security Rights Victoria is part of the National Welfare Rights Network and provides assistance, including legal help, to people with social security problems.

Community l​egal centres

Your local community legal centre can give you legal information and advice. Most services are free.

Other states and territories

Legal Aid Commissions

Your local legal aid commission can give you information and advice.

National Social Security Rights Network

The National Social Security Rights Network is a network of community legal centres throughout Australia which specialise in social security law.

Was this helpful?